3D Letter Home Decor

3D-printed letters can actually make a good home decor. It could showcase your favorite word or your name. You can display them in your kitchen, bedroom, or dining room.

You can make them yourself as DIY project, or you can buy them at any craftstore in your area. There should be many tutorials you can find in YouTube. I went the easier route and got these 3D letters from one of the craft stores in SM Cebu (its name currently escapes me.) My fascination for 3D letters started when I went on vacation to Coron, Palawan in 2013. There were two hotels there that had 3D letters of their hotel name serving as some sort of a fence/gate. Since i saw it, the idea that I wanted the same thing done to my front yard was formed. Up until now, I have not done it due to money situation at work. Moreover, I don't know where those outdoor wooden 3D characters are commissioned. Long story short, I settled with cardboard 3D letters of my name just to satisfy myself temporarily. Of course, I wouldn't be putting up my name on my house's front yard. Anyway, the letters were originally plain cardboard. At the store where I got them, the letters were decorated with colored paper and other craft materials. As I'm not crafty and is stingy to buy additional materials, I made use of the only material I have available at home - textile paint, haha! So I painted them with yellow textile paint. As textile paint isn't a match to cardboard, it took a while for the paint to dry. Thankfully, the painted 3D cardboard didn't turn out as bad as I expected.

my little reading corner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online