How Impatience and Convenience Cost Money

How patient are you?

How much do you value your convenience?

If I were to answer these questions, I am ashamed to admit that I'm not the most patient person. I discovered while I was in high school that I don't have much patience, particularly in waiting for a jeepney ride. As I'm a student with limited allowance, I learned to walk to certain destinations just to keep me from waiting for the elusive jeepney ride. I would rather walk than wait. Additionally, on rare occasions where I do wait, I would often look for a jeepney that has more empty seats. I find it very inconvenient to be squeezing myself in when the jeepney is almost full.

As a student with not much money, I learned to walk as a result of my impatient nature and my preference for convenience. Soon after school, my money situation improved as I have my own job and ergo, disposable income. I learned to hail taxis for convenience sake. Then, there was one day some years ago that I humored myself and calculated the cost of riding taxis. I was floored at the wastage of money. I went back to riding the jeepneys to save cost, despite the inconvenience and the waiting time. Walking to certain destinations is no longer an option for me as I now live outside the city. I still could, but it's just too far. Moreover, the route from my home to work, has its roads in major overhaul mode. Road constructions or repairs are being done left and right. With much road constructions, taking the taxis would surely burn my wallet as heavy traffic in Cebu, especially in the Mandaue area coming from Lapu-Lapu, is becoming the norm. The city's traffic situation has introduced me to the convenience of riding motorcycles, locally called "habal-habal."

Now this won't be an issue for me if and only if I'm getting my salary on time. But recently, our company's situation has gone bonkers to the extent that I literally don't know when I'm going to be paid next. Thus, here I am - thinking again of the cost of my impatience and preference for convenience! So, I'm humoring myself again and calculating my recent transportation costs if I were to follow one of the three.

Column 2 minus Column 1 = 25,200 // Column 3 minus Column 1 = 30,480 // Column 3 minus Column 2 = 5,280


For easier calculation, the premise is I report to work every day for 5 days, for the whole year. Recently, I've taken more of column 2 and 3, depending if there's a habal-habal available at the subdivision's gate. Do you see the difference in amount? If I were just to wake up earlier and be patient enough to line up at the Tamiya terminal, instead of calling out for a habal-habal, I could have saved myself A LOT! The cost of my impatience and putting value on convenience is a whooping PhP 25,200 annually!! Do you see now how impatience and convenience can cost money? I know for some, this amount may not be much - but this could have been money saved for retirement or for whatever purpose!

Hah! These figures are making me rethink again about riding habal-habal! I haven't even included the transportation cost on weekends when I'm out of the house. Also, on occasions where I get lazy and hail the taxi when getting home from work (especially during a rainy evening)! Drat, even if my salary situation reverts back to normal, I really should seriously think about taking the jeepney all the way from home to work and vice versa!

What about you? Have you thought about your own transportation cost? Are you paying much for it?

Comments

A Guide to Black Titanium Ring - Tianium Art
Black Titanium Ring is one does titanium set off metal detectors of the original 'Bronze Ring' black titanium wedding band designs titanium tv apk created blue titanium cerakote by the famous Cirque du is titanium a metal Soleil.

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online