kobo e-readers now in the philippines

i've been wanting to have an e-reader for the longest time. i like reading books and with the limited space i have, collecting books is becoming impractical. while i'm still arguing in my head that a real 'paper' book is far more superior than an e-reader, i still couldn't help myself into thinking about getting an e-reader.

although i'm no techy and don't easily get envious with the latest gadgets available in the market, an e-reader is a different story. in fact, i'm envious of people who own a kindle. i want to have one, but the more practical me is unwilling to part hard-earned moolah for an expensive gadget. so my search to find a cheaper e-reader, led me to KOBO.

i learned that kobo can be a good alternative to kindle. so i readily looked it up and learned that there are no KOBO retailers here in the philippines. darn.

the closest retailer to the philppines is Swindon Books. B U T ---wait for it --- it's in HONG KONG.

at that time, i had a gleamer of hope. i was bound to fly to hong kong sometime september. so, i readily e-mailed Swindon books and inquired about the Kobo e-reader. i thought about ordering it online and just pick it up in HK during my september 14-20 trip.
well, cebu pacific moved my flights. the extended days of stay in hk and my limited leave credits at work, prevented me from going ahead with the trip to hk along with the purchase of this e-reader. i didn't want to buy it online as shipping costs will be exorbitant. also, when tablets weren't mushrooming as they are now, i bought a cheap b-morn tablet in singapore. it only lasted me three months for some unknown reasons. so buying outside the country also made me think twice about the purchase.

in one end, i regretted not insisting to my sister that she pick up the e-reader for me while in hk. on the other hand, i'm thankful that i didn't buy it because it's really just a 'want' and not a 'need'. see, i've been trying to teach myself about money management and any unnecessary purchase has to be shelved for the moment. i'm currently bent on building an emergency fund, but just earlier today i visited national bookstore after my ob consult:



SO, to buy or not to buy? the biggest question on earth, hehe..

Comments

Hey, I got Kindle Paperwhite. A gift from someone for my 27th birthday. Honestly, I love it. It actually help me minimize my book collection. Since I am on the road to minimalism, collecting stuffs is a no no!

It's also an advantage that I can access free Ebooks from my local library.
vetlongwalks said…
wow! lucky you. who wouldn't love a kindle? and you had it as a present - free of charge.

so, i reckon because it has sentimental value you wouldn't be putting it up soon for Throw Away Thursday, right? hehe...:)

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online