hello yellow!!!

unlike me, my couches aren't immune to transformation.

when i moved into my pet house, i didn't have enough money. so, in order to make it livable, i bought pieces of furniture one at a time. one of the first few pieces i bought were these two couches. yep, mismatched couches! the small one is somewhat beige in color while the other is super dark brown.
i was actually fine with these mismatched couches until boredom hit me and i turned to my sewing machine to make slipcovers. during a trip to manila in march 2011, i found these pink and brown striped fabric in one of the fabric stores in market, market.
i love the pink and brown stripes for a time until december 2012, when i actually convinced myself that i need to at least bring some christmas spirit into my home. so last year, i put up just a few christmas decors, and sew a piece of curtain and new slipcovers using fabric with red and white snowflakes pattern.
when christmas was over, i couldn't very well continue to have the christmacy couches. so, instead of putting back the pink and brown slipcovers, i thought about making myself new slipcovers. but due to money constraints and inability to choose new fabric pattern, i went back to my bare naked couches. then, august 2013 happened. our office had several holiday swaps in august that i found myself with FOUR consecutive DAYS OFF. and you bet, my couches fell victim again to my need to do something to while away the four days. so, against my better judgment that elastomeric paints IS NOT FIT to use on fabric, i proceeded, anyway. in my mind, if things don't work out fine, i could just buy new sets of fabric and sew some slipcovers for the poor couches. color-wise, i love them yellow!



hmmm, what do you think?

price-wise, this cost me more than sewing new slipcovers. the christmacy slipcovers only cost me, PhP683.5 while these now yellow couches cost me the following:

total cost: PhP 859.75
  • 3 paint brushes = PhP61
  • 5 1L Davies' Elastomeric Paint @ 159.75 = PhP798.75

  • oh, it actually would cost more as believe it not, the couches aren't totally painted, haha. some parts of the back and side weren't totally painted. i couldn't bring myself to buy another liter or 2 of paint. :) aesthetic-wise, the yellow couches work for me - but darn, the texture is a bit rough. oh, well :)

    Comments

    vetlongwalks said…
    hey! you visited. thanks for dropping by, and for the nice comment about my pethouse.

    Popular posts from this blog

    PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

    Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

    5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online