seeking independence

taking out a loan to get myself a house proved to be a bit "--something--". it's not stressful - stressful is just too strong a word for it. anyway, here's another post lifted from my defunct friendster blog [i call it defunct because i could no longer access it to manage it, though one can still access it if one searches for decrechoice]

pardon the reposts as i'm trying to chronicle anything and everything that's related to my pet house. well, this is an effect of deleting my friendster account. i realized that i want to be able to go back to my little history. as i can't do that now with friendster, i'm trying to rebuild the history here. so again, pardon the reposts for now.


dec. 15, 2007

mission mactan vs. thirst for travel

hayyyy… since high school i’ve always dreamed of living on my own. i’m close to hitting three decades on this earth, in two years in fact, and yet i’ve never been truly independent. independent in its truest sense, at least. currently, my utter uninteresting life consists of waking up - going to work - staying late for work - returning home to sleep & doing the same routine the next day. clearly, my routine lacks those that involves household activities and management. yup. i don’t cook, clean the house, nor do the laundry. utterly useless household member, hehehe. the only thing that can deviate me from the humdrum of my daily life is the checking out prospective travel destinations. believe me, planning for one’s next travel can take so much time especially if you so love doing the task. traveling, even just planning for it, is the sole activity that gives me pure exhiliration. i don’t get too excited with fancy dresses, movies, gimmicks, and whatnot. but if we talk traveling, geeez, i’m all for it. well, it’s only recently that i’ve discovered this passion for traveling. thus, i don’t want to put a stop to it. at least not for now.

the dilemma now is which to prioritize between my need to be independent and my thirst for traveling. there wouldn’t be a dilemma actually if i’m rich. if money isn’t a factor. i’ve set my mind to accomplishing my need for independence next year. i will move out of our house and pretend to know how to manage my own household. haha, next year would be like marriage to me without the hassles of having a husband. it’d be fresh start. fresh location and a totally empty house. it’d be up to me how to transform the place into a livable one, considering i lack the experience of a good household manager.

as of this writing, i still haven’t figure out a way how to handle the expenses of running a household and still get extra to prepare for travel expenses from my meager salary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online