Financial Blogs I Read

my whole education was primarily funded by the people of the philippines. i went to a public school from elementary all the way to college. studying at punta princesa elementary school wasn't expensive at all. primarily because the school is just walking distance to our home, and it being a public school, tuition wasn't much. the same goes for my high school and college education. as i was fortunate enough to study at u.p., tuition wasn't also much of a problem. [truth be told, my parents mentioned something like we have to study in u.p. else it would take a miracle for us to finish school due to high tuition costs in private schools. so, u.p. it was and all 3 of us (my siblings) were glad we had parents who insisted u.p. is the only high school and university for us.] tuition in u.p. is subsidized by the government. [although, i heard that tuition in u.p. now is around 16K per semester compared to my 5K or for some, zero + allowance, during my time] plus, during second and third year college, i worked as a student assistant. unlike other schools, u.p. working students are paid monetarily. so, i've extra money during those two school years for being part of the government payroll.

why am i mentioning that i'm a product of public education?

well, no brilliant explanation here, except that i owe much of my schooling to people who paid taxes. yes, it's unfortunate that news today abound with stories of how tax money of filipinos have fallen into the wrong hands. it's sad because a lot of these monies could have been spent on improving our education and health care systems as well as building more infrastructures to benefit the filipino people and foreign investors alike. a lot of those money could also have been spent on spreading financial literacy amongst filipinos. actually, there's a long list of where those stolen money could have been appropriated to rightful places.

if we can't rely much in our government, i guess we only have ourselves to rely on and what better way to do than to start educating ourselves. let's just say i'm hopeful that with the rise of technology a lot of us will start to become financial literates. yes, we are a poor country - but it doesn't have to be so some years into the future. let's strive to make this happen by increasing our knowledge in everything finance.
let's get ourselves informed about personal finance, and read - read - read , read - and read .
you may start with these blogs as they are full of brilliant resources.

or you may join a club like the The Truly Rich for the wealth of financial information they provide their members. Learn more about the club now.

Disclaimer: I don't know the blog owners personally. I visit their blogs from time to time to get me grounded, hehe. Unfortunately, my discipline isn't as strong as theirs. Thus, I need these resources to keep me focused. I'm 34 now, and it's only now that I truly want to be serious about everything finance. I hope the blogs I listed will also help you in one way or another.

Happy reading!!

Comments

I'm mentioned! Yay!

Before starting my blog, I totally told myself that if my blog becomes a catalyst of change even to one filipino, I'm totally going to melt and my work is done, but not yet over:)

Goodluck on your financial independence journey:)
chazenliberty said…
I read their blogs too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online