Stock Investing, Anyone?

A few years ago, one of my former bosses introduced to a friend and I the idea of stock investing. For us Filipinos, stock investing isn't very common. But thanks to advancement in technology, aka the rise of the internet, stock investing is slowly gaining popularity in the country. At the time that my former boss introduced it to us, online platform for stock investing wasn't that available yet. Or at least, it was unheard of to me. Stock investing was reintroduced to me in 2011 through COL Financial.com. This online platform allows ordinary people with not much money to get into stock investing. With an initial amount of 5,000 pesos, any one can open an account with COL.

Anyway, going back. At the time that this platform was introduced to me, I only opened an account, without actually being serious about the whole thing. A big part of it was because of fear. I didn't know much about the world of stocks, so it was a bit intimidating to me. But beginning in 2013, I saw the potential as a means to grow ones money. For newbies like me at that time, with practically no knowledge of stocks, market analysis, and other jargons, the advice is to just keep on investing. That is, put in as low as 1,000 a month to the account and buy only solid companies. But as one who normally doesn't follow advice, I not only did not top up monthly but decided to trade instead. By trade, I mean to buy and sell when there's an opportunity. Since I opened the account back in 2011, with very minimal activity during the first two years, my small amount has given me 59.75% gain then. Since the amount is very miniscule, the almost 60% gain is also miniscule. But on the second thought, had I decided to put in that small amount in the bank, it would only have yielded me less than 1 (ONE) percent. So putting the very little amount in an investment instrument, it was not a bad call, right? It was because of this gain that I actually saw the potential for it being a money-growing instrument.

Anyway, if you are curious about stock investing, read on Bo Sanchez' e-book, My Maid Invests in the Stock Market. It basically gives you an idea what the stock market is and how you can earn from it in a language that is easy to understand. Click on the link to get a FREE copy of the e-book.

Picture Source: The Truly Rich Club

While the possibility to EARN BIG in the stock market is there, there is also the equal risk to LOSE BIG.
Let me leave you with this status reminder from a friend:
The stock market is NOT for the faint-hearted. CHEER UP! It's not the end of the world...

She leaves the above message because most of our portfolio at that time looks like this---ALL RED!
(See how eons ago that was? Yahoo Messenger, y'all)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online