broadway for free

yesterday was just an ordinary saturday for me. right after i paid for my electricity bill, i headed to my sister's office to have the yearly flu shot. after that, headed to sm for family lunch, and then to ayala center to pay more bills. tired and hungry from getting to one establishment after another, i decided to grab dinner before returning home to mactan. as i was getting down from the escalator, i noticed a few people gathered at the ayala activity center. curious, i took a peek at what's happening and saw the backdrop that says "Broadway Special with Isay Alvarez and Robert Sena." the backdrop also said that the show starts at 6:30 P.M. my phone's clock showed that it was almost 7 PM and no sign yet of the singing couple. on stage, there was a young man with his guitar singing. looking at the seats before the stage, i spied a few empty seats. thus, i hurriedly went down, hungry and all, to the empty front row seats.

WOW! AMAZING! I couldn't believe my luck! I got front row seats of a Broadway Special with no less than miss isay alvarez and robert sena. i'm a frustrated singer. as much as i'd like to, i just can't carry a tune. music class was hell for me. though i'm really not musically inclined, i do appreciate good music. broadway musicales are one of my favorites. when i'm at home and overwhelmed with emotions, broadway is one of my go-to playlists. thus, imagine my excitement that i had front row seats of a broadway special from no less than miss isay alvarez and robert sena as main acts. while this couple may not have pops-martin or regine-ogie fame, they sure have voices that are superbly amazing. watching isay alvarez and robert sena perform live was truly a moment that made me wish i had an up-to-date smart phone, capable of capturing images and video. so yeah, above is the only picture i had of the show using my lowly 5-year-old nokia 3120. it sure made me regret that i'm not a sucker for techy gadgets. yesterday, was genuinely a time that made me want to buy the latest gadgets. darn, i had goosebumps when robert sena started singing my ultimate favorite, "phantom of the opera." just as he promised, he and his wife truly transformed the whole ayala center into one big concert hall. most of all, i had a new appreciation of the eric santos winning piece, "this is the moment!" as it turned out, this song was from the hit musicale jekyll and hyde. if you get the chance, listen to the song again and think of jekyll and hyde. that said, i do hope that musicals and play productions will also find their way to cebu, sometime soon. i sure am very grateful to ayalamalls for bringing the broadway couples. oh, the young man who was the first act happened to be their son, roberto.

all in all, the show was simply spectacular. it was well worth the hungry pangs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online