travel souvenirs for the pet house

one of the guaranteed things you will find when you visit my home is little stuff bought from places i was fortunate enough to visit in and out of the country (haha, so pretentious!). lest you think that i have a vast collection or am very well-traveled, let me be quick to add that i only meant little knick-knacks, ref magnets mostly, and they are not that plenty YET. moreover, i haven't been to that many places here and abroad. after i've outgrown the habit of buying souvenir shirts, i moved on to buying something for my little pet house. as i can't afford the stuff that i truly want for my pet house, i compromised by getting myself a ref magnet bearing the town/city's name and any small household item i could carry back home.
as i'm known to hate carrying anything, i usually just pick out those that i can stuff inside my bag/suitcase. the biggest so far i got for my house are the two orange stools from bohol in 2011 and the hanging lamp i got from coron, palawan last year. oh, and i also got those giant spoon and fork, that are typical baguio souvenirs (yeah, i fell for that trap)
funny that i mentioned 'stuffing things inside my bag', would you believe that in my trip to seoul in 2010, i bought a set of frying pans, and i actually stuffed the pans inside my luggage?
yep, my co-workers found me odd for buying non-stick pans in korea! well, i swallowed pride and embarrassment at that time because i just couldn't resist buying them. who could resist buying them when they're sold on sale at less than $9? at that time, i've been wanting to replace my pan, but every time i find myself inside a department store's houseware section, i always end up returning the pans back to their shelves. i just couldn't convince myself to buy the non-stick pans at ridiculous prices. ok, i'm stingy. sue me :)
well, at least that's the only outrageous thing (in my book) i've done as regards to purchasing souvenir items for my pet house. in fact, i've reverted to my usual safe bets, ref magnets, and on my ozamiz-tangub trip last december, i only got throw pillows. as for the picture below, well - i wish i had that enough moolah. i would have wanted to take all those carved wooden decors back home to lapu-lapu city.
@coron souvenir and gift shop, august 21, 2012
compromise: bought carved wood ref magnet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online