30 days to go 'til christmas

and yet, there's no trace of it in or out of my pet house. while i love the idea of decorating for the christmas holidays, the cost of decorations is just too expensive. haha, i'm super cheapskate that every time i attempt at buying christmas decors, i usually end up calculating the total decor costs and often end up returning the items to their shelves. i just couldn't convince myself of the practicality of shelling out moolah i could use for something else, such as paying off credit card bills. speaking of credit card bills, i learned a hard lesson on it. friends, do not make the mistake i did. it was truly stupid of me to let someone use my card to pay for her airline ticket purchase. what initially cost a little over 7K reached 13K now due to interests. the original purchased happened july of 2011, and i only was paid php 500 pesos for it until now. haha, i know, it was my fault for trusting. like i said, it was a hard lesson. add insult to injury i came across a provision in proverbs that warned people against taking on another person's debt: Proverbs 17:18
18 Only someone with no sense would promise to be responsible for someone else's debts.
i had a good laugh reading it as it made me realize my own stupidity. something i hope won't happen again. anyway, i'm digressing. last year, i only had simple christmas lights - and yeah, the cheap kind, hehe. i bought it from a co-worker.
yes, it's a step ladder. at that time, i figured to put it to good use instead of just stowing it inside my tiny storage closet. right now it's serving as a bookshelf. for this year, like i said, i haven't attempted decorating for christmas. before, i used to think that when i have my own house, i'd go crazy with christmas decorations. now that i have my own place, i still haven't gotten around to doing it primarily due to budget constraints. every now and then i think about going crazy with christmas decorations, but until i have spare dineros, i would have to make do with what i can afford - cheap fabric and thread - haha!
i figured, for my pet house to have a little semblance of christmas spirit, i'll just change my curtains and slipcovers and use "christamacy" fabric. see the slipcover below? i sew that myself. hopefully, i don't get lazy and i can get my butt to sewing, and who knows i can pull this thing off again. see, i'm no expert at sewing. that slipcover was my one and only big project at sewing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAG-IBIG Online Housing Loan Verification

Pay PAG-IBIG Housing Loan Via Metrobankdirect

5 Steps to Enroll Your Metrobank Account Online